JKG Sunday Education Director
About this Role:
As the JKG Sunday Education Director, you will oversee the implementation of the JKG Sunday program on a weekly basis, including the curriculum, mentoring and managing team members, and any logistics related to JKG Sunday. You will be the main point of contact for the JKG team – from the moment they hear about JKG to their time in the classroom, and beyond. You will spend time growing our community of teachers, getting to know them and mentoring them professionally.
- Work together with the JKG Sunday Families Director as part of the Sunday management team.
- Recruit, hire, train, onboard, and manage Sunday site directors and teaching team
- Communicate all expectations and policies to Sunday team through multiple staff trainings and weekly communication
- Provide feedback, coaching and direction to team in both informal and formal ways
- Plan, execute, and/or share professional development opportunities with team of teachers
- Provide opportunities for teachers to be involved with Jewish Kids Groups outside the classroom (social events, team building activities, etc.)
- Model and cultivate a positive, productive, engaging, lovey and team-oriented atmosphere and community among the Sunday team
- Read through weekly curriculum feedback from teachers and address team concerns
- Plan staff schedules at all sites, including teachers, assistant teachers, and substitutes on a weekly basis
- Oversee the implementation of JKG Judaics and Hebrew curricula, from maintaining the JKG Sunday Google Drive to checking in on specific teachers
- Oversee programs that run for a limited amount of time, like JKG Jr.
- Collaborate with the Sunday Families Coordinator to partner with other organizations for specific programs (examples may include Interfaith Family, Camp Ramah, Jewish Family and Career Services)
- Oversee JKG supplies for weekly lessons, and keep track of all inventory at our distribution center on Buford Highway
- Help manage logistics related to annual events
- Anything else that relates to the JKG Sunday team or the implementation of the JKG Sunday program
So what about us? JKG has:
- A record of success: Four Sunday sites in Atlanta, plus our one-of-a-kind full-service afterschool program, serving 275 students total.
- An active and engaged Board of Directors: Our board includes seasoned entrepreneurs, Jewish professionals, business leaders and educators
- A team of leaders: Our professional and energetic team feels more like family than co-workers
And you have:
- A Bachelor's Degree
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Impeccable organizational skills and attention to detail
- A desire to work with and build a team of young and energetic teachers
- Passion for JKG’s vision and a love for Jewish culture
- Relevant experience preferred, especially direct experience in education and with managing a team
- Compensation commensurate with experience - salary range $40,000-$50,000 (including health insurance stipend)
- Health insurance stipend provided
- Eligible for match plan for employee IRA
- Preferred start date range - between June 4-18, 2018
- Our offices are located at Ponce City Market!!