Summary of Meeting:
On August 11, 2016, Andrea Waterstone, Sheri Schwartz and Brenda Fiske addressed ideas for collaboration. Andrea Waterstone created the Month by Month engagement calendar for the 2016-7 School year as well as a Mitzvah Month Magazine template for use with the JKG Sunday students that was shared with Sheri and Brenda.
The meeting provided actionable steps for moving forward with the 2016-7 collaboration.
Recap email from Sheri Schwartz's to Andrea Waterstone:
So great to see you again on Thursday! I hope you are as excited as we are to work together to develop your Mitzvah program at JKG!
I am going to try and recap…please let me know if there is anything missing that you may need from us…or vice versa!
Things JKG will do:
· You will send me a revised lesson plan with grades and Mitzvah Project
· You will let me know what you are calling this project
· You will send me a logo to use on the Certificates passed out each month
· You will send me the facts you have pulled for each Tzedakah month so far
· It would be helpful if you send an email to the parents during each grade’s/Tzedakah month as to what the kids are doing and what their tzedakah is going towards that month. (for reinforcement at home)
· You are going to have a card making station set up at each location as the kids come in to the building. They can make Birthday cards for our elderly adult clients or Bikkur Cholim cards for Jewish patients in area hospitals. The cards should be 8.5 x 11 or 9 x 12 folded in half. The kids can write their own message or you can print some of our samples at http://ytfl.org/cards.
Things JF&CS will do:
· We will send you the JF&CS branding page
· We are going to get you JF&CS panel cards to send home with your students the first day of school on August 28th. You can attach it to the letter to the parents describing to them what you will be doing during the year with this project.
· We are going to start working on short 3-4 minute Videos describing each service area of JF&CS that the kids will be collecting their Tzedakah for. It will say thank you to the 4th graders for all they have done to support Child and Adolescent Services this month. (obviously this will change for each grade/month)
· We are going to create certificates for you to give to each of the students at the end of each month
· We are working on 4-5 facts about each service area that relates to a Tzedakah collection
· I have asked for the dates of Café Europa to see if any camp days coincide to do a project. If not, we have the NORC (Naturally Occurring Retirement Community) in the Toco Hills area. They would love for the kids to come and have lunch and play games or sing songs with them.
Anything else?? Let me know if I missed anything!
We can’t wait to see how this plays out! Please know that we are so appreciative of you doing this for us. Thank you so much!