- A communal Tu B'Shvat Seder
- Creating art out of recycled materials
- Identifying and sketching trees around JKG
- Working in teams to invent earth-saving products then competing in a Tu B'Shvat themed Shark Tank
- Planting parsley and other herbs
Students had a blast learning about Tu B’Shevat, the Jewish holiday celebrating the “birthday of the trees". Students also explored the Jewish value of Shomrei Adamah, which means caring for the environment. We learned and celebrated through a variety of peulot (activities) including,
* In this newsletter, you will find a brief overview of what we are learning in Hebrew.
All groups follow the same vocabulary topic every two weeks, with variations and differentiation of how much and how fluently each group learns. We have included the vocabulary list for the next two weeks below for your curiosity. We do not expect students to practice this vocabulary at home, this is simply to keep you in the loop and share the learning.
Below, you can find a short summary of what each group may be focusing on during this two week learning block.
Did you know?
Erin and Rachel both lived in Israel for a summer and loved speaking Hebrew while abroad!
JKG Afterschool Community
Welcome to the JKG Afterschool Community blog. This is your window into our amazing Afterschool Community. Each week you will find updates on what your kids are learning about at JKG, as well as some suggestions of ways to bring the lessons into your bayit (home).