- A communal Tu B'Shvat Seder
- Creating art out of recycled materials
- Identifying and sketching trees around JKG
- Working in teams to invent earth-saving products then competing in a Tu B'Shvat themed Shark Tank
- Planting parsley and other herbs
Students had a blast learning about Tu B’Shevat, the Jewish holiday celebrating the “birthday of the trees". Students also explored the Jewish value of Shomrei Adamah, which means caring for the environment. We learned and celebrated through a variety of peulot (activities) including,
JKG Afterschool Community
Welcome to the JKG Afterschool Community blog. This is your window into our amazing Afterschool Community. Each week you will find updates on what your kids are learning about at JKG, as well as some suggestions of ways to bring the lessons into your bayit (home).